Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Little Doris Day Sass


So the hubby is downstairs again nailing drywall, so I'm up here again making more stuff. Tonight's project involved a little more of the red jersey knit (I'm in love with that color, it reminds me of Christmas :) and a vintage jewel that I obtained from my favorite thrift store. (Tangent - The jewel was actually part of a Christmas Tree made of vintage jewels that I've been gleefully disassembling the last few months.


When I saw it in the thrift store I stashed it in my cart and did a little happy dance to the cash register. The cashier remarked on how beautiful the tree was and I felt a little guilty because of the maiming that would take place as soon as I got home ;) Shhh - don't tell the sweet old granny that made it back in the day that I've been destroying her work of art.)



I felt like Doris Day with my vintage bow, so I grabbed my new-to-me velvet jacket *also from the thrift store* and imagined that I was on my way out to enjoy some old Hollywood glamour. 
*I may have been envisioning Rock Hudson as my date :)




2 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I have a link party and would love to have you share this with everyone. Here is the link.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/11/wednesday-adorned-from-above-link-party.html
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing at last Wednesday's Adorned From Above Link Party. This weeks party is live. The link to the party is
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/11/wednesdays-adorned-from-above-link_14.html
    Can't wait to see you there.
    Have a great week.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! They make my day! Questions and suggestions are welcome too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...