Monday, November 5, 2012

Red Roses

So on Saturday my sister and I hit our favorite thrift stores and the fabric store. Heaven. While at the thrift store I found a bag of pearls, plus a bunch of other things like two cardigans, a black velvet jacket, and an embellished shirt (but that's beside the point;) Then at Joann's we scored a bunch of clearance fabrics that I wasn't sure what I was going to do with (I rarely do, fabric is just good to have on hand right?!) but I knew it had hidden potential.

Well tonight while the hubs is down working in the basement I decided I would craft instead of the usual Pinterest/Facebook/blog-stalking. I broke out my new fabric stash, thrifted beads, sewing machine, and glue gun and went to town. This is what I came up with:
I quite like it if I do say so myself. 
It's a mixture of elegance and over the top extravaganza.

I linked up to:


Tip Junkie handmade projects

7 comments:

  1. Cute headband! I love that shade of red. I'd love for you to share this at my link party Submarine Sunday. It's open until Friday @ 11:59pm. I hope you'll stop by!

    T'onna
    http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/11/submarine-sunday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at my link party and wanted to let you know I featured this as part of my link party wrap up. Hope to see you regularly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That was so sweet of you. I love your blog!

      Delete
  3. This is lovely. Just came over from The Answer is Chocolate. Welcome to the blogging world. It's so much fun.

    A tutorial would be nice...hint hint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to whip up another one and remember to take pictures :) Thanks for your nice comment!

      Delete
  4. That is gorgeous! I'm with Lindalou - tutorial please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Laura! You are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! They make my day! Questions and suggestions are welcome too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...