Monday, November 5, 2012

Romantic Ruffly Ribbons

I love all things Jane Austen, Anne of Avonlea, and Doris Day, so I recently started up an Etsy shop to have a creative outlet for my projects. (Plus as the mother of two boys I don't have a chance to embellish them with ruffles and frills, so I need a different outlet ;)
I love sewing and creating sweet and romantic accessories for myself. As soon as naptime and bedtime arrive I retreat to my bedroom and bring out my overflowing stash of fabric, ribbon, lace, and thrifted embelishments. I've always gravitated towards all things ruffled, lacy, period-drama inspired, and tied with ribbons, but the boys don't really appreciate that personally, so I thought I would branch out :) I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic. My motto is everything looks better with a ribbon on it. -I may or may not have tied ribbons on my boys on multiple occasions...

Here are some things I created for my shop:




And here are a few others:





Let me know what you think!

The Girl Creative

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Questions and suggestions are welcome too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...