Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Vintage Braided Bun - 5 Minute Hairdo


Today I had the usual 10 minutes to shower and get ready (with two busy boys it's usually a 5-minute in-and-out, hope the house won't be completely destroyed and screams won't erupt as I'm washing my hair, kind of shower. -Both scenarios have happened before at the same time ;) I live for Sundays when I can blow off the dust from my hair drier and straightener/curling iron, lock myself in the bathroom, and spend a luxurious hour primping while the hubby watches the kiddos.

So anyway, if you're anything like me, you probably face the same dilemma every morning. So here's another of my 5 minute go-to hairdos for those crazy mornings where you don't have a minute to spare, but have to be somewhere or do something that doesn't involve lounging in pajamas and blog-stalking (that would be me most mornings :)

Here it is: 
The 5 Minute Vintage Braided Bun

Step 1: Start with towel dried hair (or dry hair if you have that luxury :)

Step 2: Divide hair into two sections.

Step 3. Braid both sections, tie them off with elastics, and reminisce about the good old days in elementary school.
 Step 6: Pull and tease your braids until they are loose.
 Step 5: Twist one of the braids up and around like a "C" on the back of your head.
 Step 6: Bobby pin in place (I found all of my bobby pins hiding on the bathroom windowsill today -that's one of their favorite hiding places ;)
 Step 7: Swirl the other braid up and around the other braid and bobby pin into place.
 Step 8: Tease and bobby pin until you like how your braided bun looks.
Step 9: And of course, everything looks better with a little embellishment, 
so slap on your favorite accessory. 
Five minutes start to finish, and now you are ready to conquer the world 
(or in my case survive until naptime :) 
Easy, peasy and elegant!

22 comments:

  1. So pretty! Beautiful hair!
    Have a wonderful restof week!

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the only girl in the house as well {even the dog is male}...

    Love all your vintage hair styles. Sharing at Pinterest...

    ;0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boys are so much fun, but sometimes I need someone to appreciate my bedazzling ;) -So thank you for your nice comment, it made my day! I love your blog. So many great ideas!

      Delete
  3. I don;t have kids but I braid my hair every day anyway and pin it up in a very similar way. I love how easy it is and also how nice it looks :)

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I'm always on the look out for easy hairdos. They give me so much more time to blog stalk :)

      Delete
  4. I can't wait until my hair is long enough to braid again ...

    Popped in from FYF.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your nice comment. I love the name of your blog!

      Delete
  5. Very pretty! I have long hair and I just clip it up everyday....boring! I need to take the 10 mins out that it takes to do something like it. Love the addition of the headband! Thanks for linking up to Pin Me! I've pinned it! I am following you now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice comment and thanks for hosting such a fun link party!

      Delete
  6. Hi! I love your simple, quick hair styles and your cute accessories. I was wondering if I could feature a few of them on my blog for sister missionaries?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to be featured on your cute blog! I love all of the cute things that you have for sister missionaries! I think I might need some for myself :)

      Delete
  7. I would love for you to share this (or any of your other great ideas) at the link party going on now at ‘Or so she says …’ We’ve also got a fun “Favorite Things” giveaway going on through tomorrow. Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite to your fun link party!

      Delete
  8. new follower! pinning- visiting from the pin me party!

    emmyinthemaking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I featured you today!

    Kara
    www.mineforthemaking.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kara! That made my day!

      Delete
  10. Love this 'do! Makes me wish my hair was longer- will be trying this once it grows out.
    Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I'm so glad to meet new blogging buddies!

      Delete
  11. Thanks for linking up! Hope to see some of your great ideas again this week on 'Or so she says ...' www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mariel! I will for sure visit again.

      Delete

I love getting comments! They make my day! Questions and suggestions are welcome too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...